We have all had a lovely first full week back at preschool and the children have really got stuck into our new learning focus 'Around the world'. We started this week by learning about some cold countries including Iceland, Finland, Norway and Sweden.
Caterpillars had great fun exploring some sensory arctic themed tuff trays with sand, flour, cotton wool and foil. The children have been learning the names of different winter/arctic animals as they explored them in small world play and also made some glittery winter pictures using blue and white collage materials.
Butterflies made paintings of the northern lights, created matching mittens and hot chocolate collages, practiced cutting skills as we made flags and explored a sensory snow dough tray (sorry for the messy clothes!) Some of our group times have included sorting healthy and unhealthy foods, counting up to 5 and back to 0, looking at traditional clothing from Scandinavian countries and threading pasta necklaces.
Next week we will be continuing this learning topic but will look at hot countries, mainly Australia and New Zealand. If you have anything to share with us about theses places, let us know or upload something to Tapestry to share.
- Parking - To continue to keep all children in school safe we ask that you do not park in the school car park at drop off and collection times. The village hall car park is available as is the British Queen this month to support our Park and Stride tiral month.
- Gloves - We are trying hard to ensure all the children come home with the correct gloves and encourage children to keep them in their pockets or drawers while inside. If you are able to put initials in each glove this would be much appreciated.
- Bottles - We are finding lots of lovely new water bottles coming in however, they are not labelled so, please can you ensure your child's name is added to their new bottle as soon as possible. Thank you.
Dates for your diary:
- Thursday 25th Jan - Burns Night
- Saturday 27th Jan - Preschool open day
- Tuesday 13th Feb - Shrove Tuesday
- Wednesday 14th Feb - Valentines Day
- Monday 19th-Friday 23rd Feb - HALF TERM