Another fun week has flown by and luckily the weather allowed us to venture out into the garden a bit more. We began our new theme 'The Great Outdoors' and this saw us making lots of insect and flower pictures and enjoying our new sensory set in the garden on the windy days. We also celebrated St. Patricks Day as we made shamrock wands, Red nose day dressing in red with crazy hair and we also made some special Mother's day crafts. We also enjoyed a fabulous visit from 'Proff' with labtots on Wednesday as she taught us all about the science of sound!
Next week we continue on this theme and have planned to explore the life cycle of a butterfly, plant seeds and potatoes and make spring animal crafts. We will be doing some cold cooking as we make Easter nests and plan to make some beautiful leaf curtains to decorate the garden.
We have been trialling our 'in the moment' planning for a few weeks now and we have decided to make a few changes after the Easter holidays to make it fit perfectly with our Preschool. This does mean there will be no more focus children from now but you will continue to see observations over the next two weeks. Please see the letter attached to explain what we will be doing and what to expect.
You will also find attached an email from the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Healthy Child Programme offering an opportunity to understand more about your child's health and development. See the email attached for more information and the link here to complete the questionnaire.
Reminders and dates to remember:
- It is essential that all clothing, bottles and bags are clearly labelled so that we can correctly identify your child's belongings. This is especially important for their fleeces, jumpers and water bottles.
- Sunday 19th March: Mothering Sunday
- Friday 31st March: End of Spring Term
- Friday 7th April: Good Friday
- Monday 10th April: Easter Monday
- Monday 17th April: Start of Summer Term
- Tuesday 18th April: Visit from ZOOLAB to Preschool (details to follow)