We have all had another fun and busy week at Preschool as we finished our final week of the topic 'All about colours'.
The Butterflies have been busy continuing to celebrate Diwali making more collage Rangoli patterns and exploring a colourful rice tuff tray. We have been focusing on developing fine motor skills as we made dabber painting butterflies, dot to dot pictures, using the small pegs and boards and threading. Our group activities have included exploring how colours change when mixed together using the light board, practicing our gross motor movements as we did different animal moves, finding the rhymes at storytime and going on a bear hunt!
The Caterpillars have also been celebrating Diwali as they watched a video all about the festival, made henna hand prints and explored a coloured sand tray. Other activities have included exploring cloud dough alongside the dinosaurs in a winter's trail tuff tray, talking about different emotions, playing different musical instruments and mark making with the cars. The children have had a great time in the garden, especially with all those leaves!
We all enjoyed some Pudsey fun on Friday as we made masks, bookmarks, decorated Pudsey pictures, dressed in yellow and spotty clothing and some children went home with strange spots on their faces! (Don't worry it's only face paint!)
Reminders and notes:
- Clothing: Now the weather has taken a turn for the wet and cold, please make sure your child has a warm coat and wellies each day. Wellies can stay at Preschool if this is easier.
- Slippers: We are finding the wet is causing very muddy situations in our rooms so we wondered if each child could have a pair of indoor shoes or slippers that can stay at preschool. This is also great practice for putting on their shoes!
Dates for the diary:
- Monday 20th November - PTA Christmas jumper sale at morning drop off
- Monday 20th November - Christmas raffle tickets on sale on MCAS
- Thursday 30th November - Decoration Day
- Thursday 1st December - Christmas celebration after school