The children have had a lovely week at preschool, enjoying lots of time in the garden as the weather has been so nice. We have continued our topic about growing and loved seeing more baby photo's of the children. We have checked on our runner beans and broad beans and the children noticed how much they have grown and changed. As part of mental health week, we have enjoyed some relaxing yoga, quiet time sessions with gentle music and got creative with some mindfulness colouring. The Butterflies have been exploring how music can affect our mood as we painted to both slow and quiet music and more upbeat rhythms. We also had our first trip to the secret garden in the school grounds. The Ladybirds have loved seeing more pictures of themselves as babies as well as some of the staff too!
Next week is our final week of this half term. We will be making some lifecycle crowns, exploring textures as we make collages using different materials and hopefully enjoying ore time outside. When we return after half term, our new learning focus will be 'Under the Sea'.
- As the weather warms up, we ask that you apply sun cream to your child before they come to preschool. We have sun cream that we can 'top up' for the children during the day. I have added a link here so you can see which one we use. If you would rather provide an alternative, please bring one in, clearly labelled.
- We are running low on our trousers and leggings. If you have had some sent home with your child, please can they be returned.
- As we continue to promote healthy eating at meal times, can we ask that you do not send in chocolate bars or sweets in the children's packed lunches. A small pudding item is fine such as biscuits, fruit bar or small cake.
- Wednesday 24th May: Last day of Summer term 1
- Monday 5th June: Start of Summer Term 2