The children were incredibly busy last week as we had so many Christmas activities to do!
The Butterflies enjoyed making colourful Christmas stockings which are decorating our windows. We also made patterns on candy canes and created winter pictures using blues, white and silver. Other activities have included threading cheerios onto spaghetti to develop fine motor skills, listening to a Winter story and talking about it and ordering routines into first, then and next.
The Caterpillars had a busy week doing lots of construction and building using different bricks. The children made special letters to Father Christmas which they posted into a post box and the next day they were gone! The children have been practicing their Christmas songs and did some Christmas craft too.
On Thursday we had our Decoration day and the children were so busy making Christmas jumpers, robins, snowflakes and snowmen. We also created a lovely fireplace display.
As you may have heard at home, the children have been practicing some Christmas songs ready for our special Christmas event (keep your eyes peeled for information soon). I have attached the song list so you can practice at home.
- Please ensure all children have a hat and pair of gloves as the weather is getting very chilly and we do venture outdoors most days. Thank you.
Dates for the diary:
- Friday 8th December - Santa dash day - wear something red or dress as an elf!
- Tuesday 12th December - Little wiggles dance session
- Friday 15th December - Christmas carols - details to follow
- Monday 18th December - Monday movie day - details to follow
- Wednesday 20th December - Christmas dinner day & last day of term