We finish our first half term rather soggy but full of fun times. We have really enjoyed our first two topics of 'This is me!' and 'All About Autumn'.
The Butterflies this week have been finishing off learning about Autumn colours and objects, still interested in all the Autumn bags that are being brought in. We have used all these objects to create an Autumn shop outside in the play house. We have practiced our cutting skills as we cut out some ghosts and we made shape monsters, learning the shape names and facial features. The children had a lovely time learning about Mae Jemison, the first black astronaut to go into space, and made some great rocketships. We have also made some colourful spiders and the children helped to make an ideas map to share their plans and ideas for activities.
Both the Butterflies and Caterpillars enjoyed a little wiggles dance session this week and they loved it! It was themed around Autumn and there were some lovely new songs to learn. The Caterpillars have been busy creating more Autumn pictures and collages, exploring sensory trays using lentils and oats and having soft squishy play-dough with Halloween themed play mats. The Caterpillars also decorated some yummy cupcakes to take home...they looked delicious!
When we return after half term our learning focus will be 'Colours'. We will be celebrating lots of different festivals and events, all of which involve lots of colour. We will also be welcoming some new families to Preschool and there will be a small change to staffing to accommodate this. I will send you a staffing list so you know who is where during the week.
- Please label children's drinking bottles to help us avoid cross contamination.
- You are welcome to bring in a pair of wellies to leave at Preschool now that the weather is much wetter.
- If you have any changes to your information, such as address, phone number, change to health conditions, please do update us as soon as possible
Dates for the diary:
- 23rd-27th October - Half term - CLOSED
- 30th October - back to preschool
- 31st October - Halloween - dress up day
- 5th November - Bonfire Night