We've had a brilliant week at Preschool and the children have had so much fun in the garden with the water, making mud and leaf pies, racing on the trikes and exploring balance using the new wooden scales.
We have continued our 'under the sea' theme and the children made Rainbow fish, starfish and more seaside pictures. We have also continued to play with the sea creatures in the water trays and the boats as well. As the weather has been so warm, we have relaxed our group times to accommodate the heat so we have had more cool down time plenty of water breaks. The children have really loved seeing the plants growing and helped to water the courgettes, tomatoes, strawberries, broad beans, runner beans and sunflowers.
On Friday, we held very own Preschool sports day and it was a lovely event. The children did so brilliantly and I hope all the parents that managed to attend had a great time too! All photos are on Tapestry now for you to see.
Next week we start our 'summer fun' topic where we will be talking about our holidays, the summer months and weather, going to the seaside and sun safety. Next week we will be having our very own Hawaiian Luau! There is a poster attached for more information. We can only accommodate the children already booked into Wednesday's sessions but don't worry, we have lots of fun activities planned over the coming weeks.
Reminders and notices:
- Please continue to apply sun cream to your child before coming to preschool and bring in a named sunhat.
- If you have ay spare shorts or any preschool shorts, can you please bring them in as we are running very low.
- As we continue to promote healthy eating at preschool, please reframe from putting chocolate bars and sweets in children's lunch boxes.
Dates for you diary:
- Wednesday 28th June: Hawaiian Luau
- Friday 30th June: School sports day
- Tuesday 4th July: Little wiggles dance session
- Monday 10th July: Graduation ceremony for the Butterflies
- Wednesday 19th July: Last day of term