Welcome back after a wet and windy half term! We have started our new half term by learning about people who help us. The hairdressers has been very popular, as has the firefighters and doctors. The children took part in activities to put out the fire using spray water bottles, talked about how doctors help us and made lovely hair styles on the faces using dough. The children have enjoyed some messy activities including gloop and mixing pasta and oats. At the art table we have been making patterns with the dabber, cutting out puppets and making dinosaur prints. We have enjoyed time outside this week and have really enjoyed the bit of sunshine this week!
Next week we will be starting our two week focus on vehicles and transport. Perhaps if you could add a photo on tapestry of a vehicle you have at home or an interesting mode of transport you have travelled on. We have planned some fun activities for the children next week including car washing in the tuff tray, small world train play, wheel printing, sorting and matching games and rescuing small cars from the trap in the finger gym.
Reminders and dates:
- You are welcome to bring in a bag of spare clothes for your child incase they need a change during the day, if you have preschool clothes taken home with you please ensure they are returned.
- Please provide water only in the children's drink bottles in line with our healthy eating policy.
- Shrove Tuesday is next Tuesday 1st March, here is a link to some yummy pancake recipes: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/pancake-day-recipes
- Next Thursday 3rd March is World Book Day and the children are welcome to come in dressed up for the day.
- Here is a link to a new sensory cave in the Grand Arcade Cambridge: https://www.grandarcade.co.uk/events/cave/