Another week has flown by and the children continue to amaze us with their confidence and ability to settle back so quickly into preschool life. This week saw us continue our focus learning about 'Lifecycles' and we made some lovely caterpillars using circles as well as other insect related craft. We used the playdough to make insects and flowers and we started to learn about the lifecycle of a sunflower. We continued to plant some sunflower seeds and also started to plant some tomato and courgette seeds.
We have adapted our routine slightly to reflect the needs of the children and the room, meaning the children will be spending much more time outside playing and learning. Please do ensure the children have appropriate clothing everyday and suitable footwear.
Next week, we will be celebrating the coronation of King Charles. Activities will include making crowns, flags and bunting as well as exploring red and white rice tuff trays, a Paddington tea tuff tray and many more fun experiences. On Friday, we mark the celebration with a special street party lunch (this will either be on the field with the school or in our room, depending on the weather). There is a special school menu for the day, although you are also welcome to provide a packed lunch as usual. We will also have a special snack menu for the day which I have attached.
Next week, we have a special visit at school as we are lucky enough to have a police officer joining us for a story time. Adam will be visiting the reception class and year one first then will come to see us in Preschool. We will have a story time then a chance to have a look in his police vehicle! How exciting!
Reminders and dates:
- Please provide alternative footwear if your child comes in with crocs or wellies. These are not supportive for the children when enjoying fun in the garden and on the outdoor equipment.
- It would be very helpful if you could label all water bottles, lunchboxes, and all clothing. We are incredibly busy now and items that are not labelled are very difficult to reunite with the correct people.
- Monday 1st May: Bank holiday: preschool closed
- Wednesday 3rd May: police officer visit and story time
- Friday 5th May: Kings coronation celebration
- Saturday 6th May: Kings Coronation
- Monday 8th May: Bank holiday: preschool closed