The children have again had a busy and fun filled week at preschool. The new snack menu was a success and we will be continuing to follow the menu plan over the next few weeks.
I would like to thank everyone who came to the preschool library afternoon it was a lovely afternoon celebrating world book day by reading stories and making book marks. I hope you all got to take a book home and received your book voucher when leaving the pre school library.
Our topic of ‘Transport and Travel ‘ has continued with lots of creative arts and physical activities taking place including making cars from paper , colleague making using transport stickers, oat tuff tray play with vehicle laminates, obstacle courses in the garden requiring the children to use their gross motor skills to navigate their way around the cones, colouring in vehicle pictures, playing guess the sound of transportation and much more. We have today also created a great transportation Velcro story board for the children to move the vehicles around to tell a story . Sally has also been busy transforming our lovely play house into a travel agents. Holidays and sunshine for us all at preschool!
The children also took part in making flapjacks and had lots of fun in the garden enjoying both the rain and sunshine. Lots of beautiful daffodil pictures where also painted to celebrate st David’s day.
We will continue our topic of ‘Transport and Travel ‘ this week and have lots more fun and creative activities planned including creating art work for the display board , more obstacle courses for the children to complete of which they will then receive their very own driving licence, group time talks to discuss different ways we use to travel to various destinations and learning about road safety. Show and tell has been enjoyed by all and we will continue to have show and tell sessions . Please see show and tell dates for each child on tapestry.
As you are aware this week we began our “In the moment planning “ and it was a great success . Thank you very much for returning the focus child sheets to enable us to use your child’s interests to provide teaching moments. If your child is focus child you will receive a focus child form of which we will send out the week before . If you could fill this form in and return it to us as soon as possible it would be really appreciated. Please do send in pictures along with the focus child sheets as these are always great to look at with the children.
- Collection times: Please ensure you are arriving on time for collection of children at the end of the day. We have very limited time to clean and prepare the room for the following day so prompt collection at 3.15pm supports us in making sure preschool is clean and ready for children the following day. We also ask that you do not arrive early for midday sessions as we have a very limited time for children to have lunch at lunch club and this can be disturbed if children are arriving early.
- Named items: Please make sure all clothing, bottles and lunchboxes are clearly labelled as we often have duplicate items and can cause confusion.
Dates and events to remember :
- 13th-17th March: Science week
- 15th March: Labtots science experience in Preschool (details to follow)
- 3rd-14th April: Easter holidays
- 17th April: Start of Summer Term