We have had a lovely week at Preschool, learning all about 'Insect and Wildlife'. We have searched for bugs, both outside and in our woodland tuff tray, created symmetry butterfly paintings, made bugs in the dough with eyes, feathers and straws, and made bug masks. We also enjoyed a bit of gardening this week.
We have trialled a slightly new routine this week to allow for more group times for the Ladybirds (younger children) and Dragonflies (children going to school). This week the Ladybirds have been enjoying some rhyme time, action songs, story time and roll the ball games. The Dragonflies have been working on scissor skills, name game, follow the maze, listening games and learning about healthy foods for our teeth. We have also been completing a maths challenge to identify, name and match 2D shapes.
Next week we are starting our new focus on 'Growing and Food'. We will be starting with lots of activities to plant different seeds but will also explore how we grow and change and the food we can eat to be healthy and strong. The children are keen to grow strawberries, beans, potatoes and sunflowers.
- Please ensure all grapes are cut in half lengthways in lunch boxes to avoid a choking risk
- Please ensure all children bottles, bags/lunch bags and jackets/coats/fleeces are labelled to avoid confusion
- You are welcome to bring in a sun hat to stay at preschool for the rest of the term
- Friday 20th May: Jubilee street party (details to be confirmed)
- Wednesday 25th May: Last day of term
- Monday 6th June: First day of Summer term 2