Another fun, festive week at Preschool albeit a wet one!
This week the Butterflies have been busy making festive crowns and star wands in preparations for the Christmas carols next Friday. We have also been celebrating the Jewish festival of Hannukah by learning all about the story, making Menorahs and stars using triangles. I have added a link here if you would like to find out more about this special celebration. Some of our group activities have included counting groups of objects up to 5, comparing items that are big or small and engaging in puppet stories.
The Caterpillars have had a great week exploring lots of sensory play in the tuff tray. This has included a snowy scene with cloud dough, glitter mixed with sand and a sensory lucky dip tray! They have also been busy making festive collage pictures, decorating gingerbread people and decorating christmas bags. The duplo has been popular at the school house this week as well as the small world play sets.
- Please ensure all children have a pair of mittens or gloves as we find their little hands do get chilly while outside. Thank you.
Dates for the diary:
- Tuesday 12th December - Little wiggles dance session
- Friday 15th December - Christmas carols and festive snacks (see poster)
- Monday 18th December - Movie day (poster attached) FOR CHILDREN ALREADY ATTENDING A MONDAY SESSION ONLY
- Wednesday 20th December - Last day of term and Christmas dinner day - wear your Christmas outfits!