Our out of school club provides before and after school activities for children aged 4 to 11 years in a safe, secure and happy environment, supervised by professional, experienced staff. Our varied programme includes craft activities, cooking, outside play, team games and educational activities. Wherever possible a quiet area is set aside where children can spend time on homework, reading or resting. By booking a place in the club on MCAS, you will be consenting to your child participating in these activities. We occasionally take photographs of activities, which may include your child.
Children are supervised by club staff at all times during club hours, until they are collected by their parents (or named substitute) or released to their class teacher. The parent/carer must give WRITTEN permission if they wish a child to go home with an unauthorised third party. In exceptional circumstances, it may be possible to give verbal permission by telephone; however, the child will only be released if the club staff can be confident of the identity of both the caller and the person collecting. Children are eligible to join the Out of School club from 4 years old up to and including 11 year olds. There is no obligation for the club to provide ongoing care for children who display a regular pattern of disrespect for club expectations.
Our Breakfast club is open at 7.40am until school starts. Our after school club session starts when school ends and finishes at 6pm. Persons collecting children should be aware that premises have to be vacated on time and beyond 6pm additional operating costs may be incurred such as the School Caretaker and club staff wages, plus phone calls etc. We reserve the right to charge £15 for a half hour or alternatively to pass all extra costs on should the need arise. If a late pick up is unavoidable it is critical that the club is contacted otherwise we are obliged to inform social services half an hour after the club closing time. Children will be signed in and out by staff. Children may be dropped off at Breakfast club at any time between these hours. Children should be collected at the school gate at the end of their session, either at 4:40pm, 5:15pm or 6pm.
Places can be booked for regular use on one or more days per week OR subject to available places occasional/one off bookings may be made by contacting the office or emailing email@example.com before the start of that session. Under the terms of our school registration with Ofsted we comply with the recommendations for Safeguarding and Child Protection as laid out in the Children’s Act 1989 and 2004. For further information, please refer to our School Policy Documents on the school website at www.meldreth.cambs.sch.uk
Club Fees and Payments
- A registration fee of £15.00 per family per school year is payable at time of registration, and is reviewed annually. Your registration will remain valid for that school year providing your fee payments are not overdue.
- Club fees are payable per child per session. Fees are only waived if a child is absent for Out of School Club due to hospitalisation. If for any other reason your child cannot use a particular session, the fees are still due. You will still need to advise the office or email firstname.lastname@example.org that you are not using the space in order to eliminate looking for lost children.
- By booking sessions via MCAS your place will be reserved for your exclusive use. Your lookout balance will be accessible on your MCAS account at all times. For breakfast and after school places the full balance must be received by the end of the half term in order for you to access the booking system for the following half term sessions. No refunds can be made on cancellations after the first day of the half term. In the event of non-payment your ability to booking into future sessions may be stopped or your place may be offered to another family
- Any discrepancy on the booking system in MCAS and with your balance regarding booked sessions must be brought to the attention of the office staff before the end of the half term you are querying.
- We are obliged by law to disclose accurate details to the Inland Revenue of the childcare provided to Parents or Carers who are claiming Working Tax Credit Child Care element. We therefore strongly advise that you ensure that your claim to the Tax office matches the childcare we supply to you.
- IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING DIFFICULTY IN MAKING PAYMENTS FOR YOUR CHILDCARE PLEASE CONTACT OUR FINANCE OFFICE.
Sickness, Accidents, First Aid and Emergency
If a child becomes ill during a club session, every attempt will be made to contact one of the people listed on the school system to arrange collection of the sick child. The child will be cared for until collected.
In case of a minor accident, basic First Aid will be administrated. Parents will be emailed with details of any first aid given. In case of an accident requiring more than basic First Aid, every attempt will be made to contact the parent/legal carer to advise or discuss with him/her the course of action to be taken.
PLEASE NOTE: IF APARENT/CARER CANNOT BE CONTACTED IN TIME, PLAY LEADERS WILL TAKE ACTION TO GAIN APPROPRIATE MEDICAL TREATMENT FOR THE CHILD. IN PAYING THE REGISTRATION FEE YOU ARE AUTHORISING US TO DO THIS.
The Club cannot accept any child to attend a session, unless the parent/carer or person with parental responsibility fully pays the registration fee and the first half term fees. This process is our confirmation that our Terms and Conditions have been accepted. The Club accepts no liability for children’s property whilst attending the Club sessions. Accidents, emergencies and other incidents judged to be significant will be investigated and reported to the relevant authority if required.
Our Club operates under all school policies and guidance and will be inspected under the school’s Ofsted schedule.