This week saw the start of our new learning focus 'On the move!' as we learn all about different modes of transport. Both the Caterpillars and Butterflies have been creating cars, trains, boats and more at the craft areas using different materials, resources and mark making tools. The children have explored coloured sand tuff trays, flour mark making trays, doctors role play, roll the ball games, dancing, threading activities, construction play and so much more. Towards the end of the week we celebrated Burns Night and made tartan pictures, blue and white sensory trays and purple heather play dough.
Next week, we continue on this learning theme and discover more about different types of transport including those in the air. We will also be adding different transport into activities across the rooms so that the children experience these vehicles in lots of different ways and through different areas of learning. If anyone has an interesting vehicle they could bring in to show the children over the next couple of weeks, please let us know and we can make arrangements.
- The weather is very changeable at the moment so please continue to bring cold weather clothing for all children in case we get another cold snap.
- We welcome the children to wear what is comfortable and suitable for preschool and by no means enforce a uniform policy. If, however, you feel you would like to purchase Preschool uniform, see the link below taking you to the school website page here.
Dates for the diary:
- Saturday 27th Jan - Preschool Open Day: 2-4pm
- Saturday 10th Feb - Lunar New Year
- Tuesday 13th Feb - Shrove Tuesday
- Wednesday 14th Feb - Valentines Day
- Friday 16th Feb - Homestart fundraiser (details TBC)