If you wish to apply for a place at Meldreth Primary School you should submit an application to the Local Authority Admissions Officer. Places at our school are allocated by:
LA Admissions Office at Cambridgeshire County Council,
Cambridge CB3 0AP
Tel: 0345 0451370
Our Oversubscription Criteria
Children who have a Statement of Special Educational Need (SEN) / Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) that names the school will be admitted. NB. Those children with a statement of SEN / EHCP that does not name the school will be referred to the Statutory Assessment Team (SAT) to determine an appropriate place.
- Children in Care, also known as Looked After Children (LAC), and children who were previously Looked After but ceased to be so by reason of adoption, a residence order (now known as a child arrangement order) or special guardianship order ;
- Children who appear to the Admission Authority to have been in state care (i.e. in the care of or accommodated by a public authority, religious organisation or any other provider whose sole/main purpose is to benefit society) outside of England but ceased to be so as a result of being adopted only;
- Children living in the catchment area with a sibling at the school (or partner infant/junior school) at the time of admission;
- Children living in the catchment area;
- Children living outside the catchment area who have a sibling at the school (or partner infant/junior school) at the time of admission;
- Children of members of staff, providing that they have been employed for a minimum of two years and/or are recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skills shortage.
- Children who live outside the catchment area, but nearest the school as measured by a straight line.