What home learning should my child complete?
We’re determined to keep all of our pupils on-track this year and make sure no one falls behind if they need to learn from home because of coronavirus.
Each day we’d like your child to:
- Complete the recommended phonics, maths and literacy task
- Complete a creative task
- Read with an adult
Please upload a summary of their day’s work onto Tapestry so that we can see what they have been up to and comment on it.
What support will the school provide?
- Regular contact with teachers through video stories
- Daily feedback via Tapestry, so your child knows how they’re doing
What can I do to help my child?
- Create and stick to a routine, as this is what your child is used to at school. For example, eat breakfast at the same time each morning and make sure they're dressed before starting the ‘school’ day
- Stick a timetable up on the wall so everyone knows what they should be doing when, and tick activities off throughout the day
- Make time for exercise and breaks throughout the day to keep your child active
If you haven’t already discovered www.phonicsplaycomics.co.uk you may also find these free decodable comics useful at a time when you can’t physically exchange your children’s decodable reading books.