AUTUMN TERM 2 - weekly Home Learning:
Use the weekly signpost below and additional resources to support your child's learning for this week.
What home learning should my child complete?
We’re determined to keep all of our pupils on-track this year and make sure no one falls behind if they need to learn from home because of coronavirus.
Each day we’d like your child to:
- Complete the recommended phonics, maths and literacy task
- Complete a creative task
- Read with an adult
Please upload a summary of their day’s work onto Tapestry so that we can see what they have been up to and comment on it.
What support will the school provide?
- Regular contact with teachers through video stories
- Daily feedback via Tapestry, so your child knows how they’re doing
What can I do to help my child?
- Create and stick to a routine, as this is what your child is used to at school. For example, eat breakfast at the same time each morning and make sure they're dressed before starting the ‘school’ day
- Stick a timetable up on the wall so everyone knows what they should be doing when, and tick activities off throughout the day
- Make time for exercise and breaks throughout the day to keep your child active
If you haven’t already discovered www.phonicsplaycomics.co.uk you may also find these free decodable comics useful at a time when you can’t physically exchange your children’s decodable reading books.