Geography is taught within our topic lessons on a thematic approach. In teaching geographical topics, our staff ensure they give children the opportunity to:
- carry out fieldwork including regular nature detectives visits to Melwood.
- talk and communicate their findings in a variety of ways.
- learn how places are similar and different, are linked to other places and to the wider world
- learn about the physical and human features of environments and how we are influenced by different environments.
- use digital resources and a range of secondary sources from our well stocked library.
- carry out investigative work which facilitates questioning and explaining.